- dining tables, dining chairs
- stemware, flatware & china
- standard white linens
- wait-staff, and bartenders
- Full Service Bar & Lounge
- Dance Floor
- Private Parking lot
- 120 guests indoors
- Private dining rooms available
- (408) 997-3458
About La Forêt
La Forêt provides a magnificent setting for private and corporate events and activities, whatever the size and style. We have an unrivalled reputation as being a preferred wedding venue in the area of San Jose and are known for providing exciting, creative and quality events tailored to suit our client’s individual needs.
A masterpiece of 19th Century American architecture set in the New Almaden foothills of San Jose, La Forêt is an award-winning wedding venue of quaint timeless charm you will fall in love with. Nestled amongst centuries-old oaks and bays that surround a charming creek-side setting, the romantic destination has been a favorite spot for wedding receptions and rehearsal dinners for decades.
Situated several miles from the main highway, the vast spaces of the beautifully converted boarding house offer unparalleled flexibility and versatility. Here, up to 130 guests can be entertained over several hallsin an original setting dating back to 1848. A focal point is the venue’s private garden and manicured lawn, which overlooks a charming forested creek – creatingthe perfect intimate backgroundtoa fairy-tale wedding venue. Inside, beautifully renovated rooms offer a nod to the rich history of the building and a comfortable dining experience. Fine bone china, quality linens and red roses on the tables take you back to a different time in the French countryside. The views of the majestic oaks at the sun setting over the wedding chapel give a feeling of warmth and serenity.
About Our Wedding Venue
For a modernwedding requiring a historical venue, look no further than La Forêt. The venue lends itself perfectly to elegant drinks receptions and wedding rehearsals for parties of up to 130 persons in the area of San Jose. La Forêtis the wedding venue of choice for people from around the South Bay Area including: Gilroy, Morgan Hill, San Jose, Willow Glen, Campbell, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Los Altos, Cupertino, Santa Clara.
Matching exceptional service to this incredible setting, we have a dedicated team of experienced event planners and personnel who take great pride in their attention to the finest details ready to help bring your vision to life. Contact our team to start discussing your wedding arrangements on 408-997-3458.
We can accommodate a variety of requests, themes and menu requirements. Please read through our Event Policy before you make any bookings:
- Daytime weddings require a one-time, non-refundable and non-transferable deposit of $1000.
- Daytime weddings can be held in the timeframe of 9:30 am to 4:30 PM
- Evening weddings require a one-time, non-refundable and non-transferable deposit of $2000.
- Deposits are applied towards the final bill.
- Custom tastings, menu preparations and fixed-price options are available upon request and can be discussed during your visit at La Forêt.
- 90% of payment is due three weeks prior to reception with the balance to be paid immediately after reception.
- A guarantee of Max & Minimum number of people
- A guarantee of Minimum dollar amount
- Minimum charge of guaranteed attendance is 95%
- The total is taxed at 8.75%, with a 18% service charge applied to the total
- Music is permitted on premises until 11 PM
- The venue is not responsible for lost or stolen items
- A corkage fee of $30 for each 750ml applies
Our Venue Services:
La Forêt regularly hosts parties and events for people and organizations from around the South Bay Area including, Gilroy, Morgan Hill, San Jose, Willow Glen, Campbell, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Los Altos, Cupertino, Santa Clara. As one of San Jose’s top event venues, we match exceptional service to an intimate setting and take great pride in our attention to the finest details to help bring your vision to life.